First Presbyterian Church re-opening plan:
Click here to view a video that Session members created to give you a sense of what to expect coming back to in-person worship.
First Presbyterian Church has re-opened and is holding in-person worship services every Sunday at 10:00 am while also continuing to livestream on Facebook (see details below for Facebook). We care deeply about the health and well-being of congregants and visitors, so there are guidelines people are asked to follow when attending worship.
Here’s some information to help you know what to expect:
- We will return to in-person worship on Sunday, June 20 at 10:00 a.m.
- Worship will also continue to be broadcast on Facebook Live.
- All in-person attendees over age 2 must wear a mask, even if fully vaccinated. Masks must fully cover the mouth and nose.
- Because we will be using the parking lot for Fellowship Time, only ten parking spaces for disabled individuals will be available in the lot on Sundays.
- Alternate parking can be found in Washington Park or on neighborhood streets and is also available on Sundays at the Washington Ave. lot next to Mamoun’s Restaurant.
You may have heard Governor Cuomo announce this week that COVID-related restrictions have been lifted. However, restrictions remain in place for certain types of facilities, and we have not yet been able to determine how churches are affected by the change in state policies. CDC guidance remains in effect, and it appears that children under 12 may not be eligible for vaccination until the end of the year, so for now, we will continue to follow the procedures for in-person worship developed by Session.
- Plan to arrive at least 20 minutes early to have plenty of time to complete the check-in process.
- Everyone must enter the building through the Willett Street ramp entrance.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet apart while awaiting screening and upon entering the building.
- Please do not hug or shake hands with others, or gather in the Assembly Hall.
- Attendees may not engage in singing.
- Soloists may sing from the Chancel.
- Communion will be served. Please pick up an individually-packaged sealed serving of the elements as you enter the Sanctuary, along with your bulletin.
- You many place your offering in designated boxes at the back of the Sanctuary when you enter or exit.
Exiting the Building / Coffee Hour
- Attendees must follow signage and the Ushers’ direction to leave the building through the exit at State and Willett immediately after worship concludes.
- Arrangements can be made to use the elevator, if needed.
- Weather permitting, Fellowship Time will be held in the parking lot. Please do not hug or shake hands, even when outdoors.
Patience and flexibility will be needed while we all adjust to these changes!
Sunday Services are live streamed on Facebook each week at 10:00am. Click here for the link for the upcoming service (a new link is posted each Monday). Click here for this Sunday’s bulletin (new ones posted each Thursday).
If you’re unable to live stream on Facebook and would like to receive a CD of the service, please contact the church office at 518-449-7332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communication with Congregation
Eblasts (informational emails) are sent to people who are on our emailing list 2 to 3 times a week. If you’d like to be included, please sign up to receive email. If you would like it surface mailed to you, also contact Jamie. Click here to read past eblasts.